The Rochester Victory Alliance
Complete Services for Conducting Clinical Trials
The Rochester Victory Alliance (RVA), also known as the University of Rochester (UR) HIV Vaccine Clinical Research Site (CRS), is one of the CRSs of the NIH-funded UR HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Unit (CTU). The UR CTU, part of the Infectious Disease Division, has been conducting HIV research since 1987.
At the Rochester Victory Alliance, our research is focused on developing an effective preventive HIV vaccine for those uninfected. (For more information on the research of treatment options for those living with HIV, click on the ACTG logo on the right side panel.)
The RVA has more than 25 years of expertise in conducting clinical research. During that time, we have performed extensive community outreach, built a far-reaching social media presence, and trained an excellent clinical research team that can help you with your next research grant - from submission to execution of your study.
We are proud to say that our research site meets the following standards:
- All regulatory approvals obtained within timeframe of projected start of study
- Consistently fulfill or exceed enrollment expectations
- Data Quality >90% for accuracy and timely submittal
- Retention of subjects maintained equal to or greater than projected metrics
Submitting a new grant? Need support for your clinical trial?
- Will assist or submit all regulatory documents to the Research Subject Review Board (RSRB), including new submissions.
- Our dedicated community education team performs planned and goal-oriented volunteer recruitment.
- Experienced clinical staff are available to enroll and complete all necessary clinical procedures as designated by the protocol.
- Mentoring by the PI and/or Clinic Coordinator to guide you step-by-step through the research process.
Click on a category below to learn more about the services we provide:
- Study Coordination and Regulatory Services
No need to hire and train a new coordinator for your study - our coordinator has twelve years of experience to help you through the necessary regulatory submission and review processes. Also available to assist with Quality Management, operations, and budgetary oversight.
- Clinical Services
Our research nurses have a strong clinical background and experience in conducting complex research studies. They administer study product, collect blood and mucosal samples, and establish a positive rapport with participants.
- Community Outreach and Recruitment
We can assist you in meeting your competitive enrollment needs. From flyering to health fairs to special events,
we can promote your study to the wider community.
- Marketing and Communications for Research
Some studies require a complete marketing and communications strategy. Everything from recruitment materials and advertisements to social media and web design - we can execute it, manage it, and measure it.
- Clinical Trials Processing Laboratory
The University of Rochester Clinical Trials Processing Laboratory is a fee-for-service resource
that supports human clinical trials and basic science research. The lab is proficient in preparing a variety of specimen derivatives, such as: peripheral blood mononuclear cells, plasma, swabs and wicks, rectal and cervical lavages, cerebral spinal fluid, tissue biopsies, and more.
We're here to help.
A great place to start is by reaching out to us for a consultation. Contact our Clinic Coordinator:
For general inquiries, you may also call our clinic's main line: