Strong Ties Outpatient Pharmacy
The Strong Ties Outpatient Pharmacy is located adjacent to the Strong Ties Program location at 2613 West Henrietta Road. It has been recognized as a Best Practices pharmacy by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists for its improvements in quality patient care.
Who Can Get Their Prescriptions Filled?
The Strong Ties Pharmacy is a "closed" pharmacy. All of our customers are patients of the Strong Ties Mental Health Clinic where approximately 90% of the patients receive medications for their conditions.
Strong Ties patients are not required to use the outpatient pharmacy; however, we offer a convenient service for our patients. The pharmacy monitors each person's medication schedule so that prescriptions are refilled and ready to be picked up and patients don't have to wait.
When a patient fails to pick up their medications or is having some trouble taking them, the Strong Ties team immediately notifies the physician in charge. Nobody is ever turned away because of his or her ability to pay for psychiatric medicine.
Patients are not just treated psychiatrically. Strong Ties also manages the medical needs of patients who have other conditions such as:
- High cholesterol
The team of pharmacists at Strong Ties are experts in psychiatric medicines. The team sees approximately 1,000 patients each year. By frequently consulting with each person individually, the pharmacy team can determine if the person is taking their medications as prescribed.
Because of their extensive knowledge about psychiatric drugs, the pharmacists are available to other professionals at the University of Rochester Medical Center for use as a psychopharmacological resource. For example, clinical research trials in mental health already call on the Strong Ties Outpatient Pharmacy team for information.
Strong Ties Outpatient Pharmacy employs three full-time pharmacists and three full-time technicians.
Special Services Offered by Strong Ties Outpatient Pharmacy
- Intervention—through calls to patients and physicians if outpatient pharmacy team members believe the patient is not taking their medications as prescribed
- Serves as a training site for pharmacy majors from Buffalo State University
- Twice-weekly tobacco cessation meetings (no charge)
- Twice-weekly diabetes management and control sessions (no charge)
- Clients never have to wait for their medications
- Quiet and relaxing place to talk
Pharmacy Department Earns National Award—Strong Ties Pharmacy Cited Among Best Practices by American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
The Strong Ties Outpatient Pharmacy is open Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
For more information or to have a prescription refilled, call (585) 244-2966.
Strong Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy
Highland South Wedge Pharmacy
Strong Ties Outpatient Pharmacy
Infectious Disease Clinic Pharmacy
URMC Employee Pharmacy
URMC Specialty Pharmacy
(585) 273-4767 Or (855) 340-4767
Highland Pharmacy at Jordan Health Center
James P. Wilmot Cancer Center Pharmacy
Investigational Drug Studies
- Learn more about your medication
- How much is your co-pay if you are insured by Blue Choice or Medicaid? Find out.
- Find neighborhood pharmacies offering 24-hour prescription service