RCBU laboratories are advancing the use of ultrasound in clinical diagnosis and discovering new therapeutic applications of ultrasound in medicine and biology. Innovations in biomedical ultrasound require the collaborative expertise of engineers, physicians, basic scientists and clinicians. The RCBU provides an ideal forum to stimulate cross-disciplinary research.
Investigators at the RCBU are advancing the use of ultrasound in diagnosis and therapy. Areas of current RCBU research expertise include:
- 3D and 4D ultrasound imaging
- Acoustic radiation force imaging
- Harmonic imaging
- Nonlinear acoustics
- Novel therapeutic applications
- Biological effects of ultrasound fields
- Tissue characterization
- Ultrasound technologies in cell and tissue engineering
- Acoustic scattering and wave propagation in tissue
- Ultrasound contrast agents
- Acoustic cavitation
- High frequency imaging
- Multi-modal imaging techniques
- Doppler techniques
- High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) techniques
- Visualizing the stress distribution within vascular tissues using intravascular ultrasound elastography: a preliminary investigation.Ultrasound Med Biol. 41, 1616-31. (2015 Jun 01).
- Consumer sensory evaluation, fatty acid composition, and shelf-life of ground beef with subcutaneous fat trimmings from different carcass locations.Meat Sci. 104, 30-6. (2015 Jun 01).
- The History of US: From Bats and Boats to the Bedside and Beyond: RSNA Centennial Article.Radiographics. 35, 960-70. (2015 May 14).