RCBU laboratories are advancing the use of ultrasound in clinical diagnosis and discovering new therapeutic applications of ultrasound in medicine and biology. Innovations in biomedical ultrasound require the collaborative expertise of engineers, physicians, basic scientists and clinicians. The RCBU provides an ideal forum to stimulate cross-disciplinary research.
Investigators at the RCBU are advancing the use of ultrasound in diagnosis and therapy. Areas of current RCBU research expertise include:
- 3D and 4D ultrasound imaging
- Acoustic radiation force imaging
- Harmonic imaging
- Nonlinear acoustics
- Novel therapeutic applications
- Biological effects of ultrasound fields
- Tissue characterization
- Ultrasound technologies in cell and tissue engineering
- Acoustic scattering and wave propagation in tissue
- Ultrasound contrast agents
- Acoustic cavitation
- High frequency imaging
- Multi-modal imaging techniques
- Doppler techniques
- High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) techniques
- A Prospective Study of Pain Control by a 2-Step Irradiance Schedule During Topical Photodynamic Therapy of Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer. Dermatol Surg. In press. (2014 Nov 12).
- Vitamin D Status Affects Serum Metabolomic Profiles in Pregnant Adolescents. Reprod Sci. In press. (2014 Nov 02).
- Ultrasound Technologies for Biomaterials Fabrication and Imaging. Ann Biomed Eng. In press. (2014 Oct 18).