RCBU laboratories are advancing the use of ultrasound in clinical diagnosis and discovering new therapeutic applications of ultrasound in medicine and biology. Innovations in biomedical ultrasound require the collaborative expertise of engineers, physicians, basic scientists and clinicians. The RCBU provides an ideal forum to stimulate cross-disciplinary research.
Investigators at the RCBU are advancing the use of ultrasound in diagnosis and therapy. Areas of current RCBU research expertise include:
- 3D and 4D ultrasound imaging
- Acoustic radiation force imaging
- Harmonic imaging
- Nonlinear acoustics
- Novel therapeutic applications
- Biological effects of ultrasound fields
- Tissue characterization
- Ultrasound technologies in cell and tissue engineering
- Acoustic scattering and wave propagation in tissue
- Ultrasound contrast agents
- Acoustic cavitation
- High frequency imaging
- Multi-modal imaging techniques
- Doppler techniques
- High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) techniques
- Ground beef patties prepared from brisket, flank and plate have unique fatty acid and sensory characteristics. Meat Sci. 103, 46-53. (2015 May 01).
- Comparison of quality control software tools for diffusion tensor imaging. Magn Reson Imaging. 33, 276-85. (2015 Apr 01).
- Liver transplantation nearly normalizes brain spontaneous activity and cognitive function at 1 month: a resting-state functional MRI study. Metab Brain Dis. In press. (2015 Feb 24).