Joseph J. Guido, M.S.
Joseph received an MS degree from the University of Rochester in 1981 and is currently a Biostatistician / Research Faculty Associate at the University of Rochester Medical Center in Biostatistics and Computational Biology in the Center for Integrative Bioinformatics and Experimental Mathematics (CIBEM).
He provides statistical programming and consulting for the Center for Integrative Bioinformatics and Experimental Mathematics (CIBEM), the Respiratory Pathogens Research Center (RPRC), the Developmental Center for AIDS Research (D-CFAR), and the New York Influenza Center for Excellence (NYICE).
Joseph taught graduate courses in Applied Statistics using The SAS® System from 1999-2011 in the Public Health Program at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. He served as Chair of the Genesee Valley SAS Users Group (GVSUG) from 2007-2011 and is currently on the GVSUG executive board. Joseph is a member of the American Statistical Association (ASA) and the local Rochester, NY chapter.
- Purnell JQ, Peppone LJ, Alcaraz K, McQueen A, Guido JJ, Carroll JK, Shacham E, Morrow GR (2012). Perceived discrimination, psychological distress, and current smoking status: results from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Reactions to Race module, 2004-2008. American Journal of Public Health 102(5):844-51.
- Block RC, Dozier AM, Hazel-Fernandez L, Guido JJ, Pearson TA (2012). An epidemiologic transition of cardiovascular disease risk in Carriacou and Petite Martinique, Grenada: the Grenada Heart Project, 2005-2007. Preventing Chronic Disease. 2012; 9:E90.
- Ossip-Klein DJ, Fisher S, Diaz S, Quiñones Z, Sierra E, Dozier A, McIntosh S, Guido J, Winters P, Diaz O, Armstrong L (2008). Tobacco use in six economically disadvantaged communities in the Dominican Republic. Nicotine & Tobacco Research: Official Journal of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco 10(5):851-60.
- Schwartz RG, Pearson TA, Kalaria VG, Mackin ML, Williford DJ, Awasthi A, Shah A, Rains A, Guido JJ (2003). Prospective serial evaluation of myocardial perfusion and lipids during the first six months of pravastatin therapy: coronary artery disease regression single photon emission computed tomography monitoring trial. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 42(4):600-10.
- Ossip-Klein DJ, McIntosh S, Utman C, Burton K, Spada J, Guido J (2000). Smokers ages 50+: who gets physician advice to quit? Preventive Medicine 31(4):364-9.
- Guinee VF, Guido JJ, Pfalzgraf KA, Giacco GG, Lagarde C, Durand M, van der Velden JW, Löwenberg B, Jereb B, Bretsky S (1985). The incidence of herpes zoster in patients with Hodgkin's disease. An analysis of prognostic factors. Cancer 56(3):642-8.