Hulin Wu, Ph.D.
News and Events
- Dr. Hulin Wu leads new bioinformatics center.
- Welcome Dr. Ya-Xiang Yuan, Professor and Elected Fellow, Chinese Academy of Sciences, who is visiting us from February 1-29, 2012.
- We are hosting the 2012 Summer School on Computational Immunology, June 10-14, 2012
- We are hosting the 2012 Symposium on Modeling Immune Response from Complex Data, June 14-15, 2012.
- Dr. Hulin Wu is appointed as Dean’s Professor of Biostatistics and Computational Biology in recognition of his contribution in helping to shape the life of the institution in a significant way, effective July 1, 2011.
- Welcome Dr. Anna Liu, Associate Professor from Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Massachusetts Amherst, who is visiting us from Sept 2011 to June 2012.
- Welcome three postdoctoral fellows, Dr. Na Lv (Ph.D. in Electronic and Information Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University ), Dr. Patrice Linel (Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Université Lyon 1, France) and Dr. Jinhai Chen (Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Hong Kong Polytechnic University) who joined our group in 2011.
- Dr. Hulin Wu received a Administrative Supplements (for U.S. - China Biomedical Collaborative Research on Cancer, Allergy, Immunology, and Infectious Diseases including HIV/AIDS and its Co-morbidities) to the NIH Grant RO1 AI087135, “Estimation Methods for Nonlinear ODE Models in AIDS Research,” funded by NIAID/NIH, 2011-2012
- New URMC Tool Helps Researchers Tackle Complex Medical Questions.
- Our Center for Biodefense Immune Modeling (CBIM) project (Co-PIs: Drs. Hulin Wu and Martin Zand) is renewed for another five years with a total budget of $11.9 million starting from October 1, 2010.
- Dr. Hulin Wu received a NIH R21 subcontract from the University of Delaware (PI: Dr. Ryan M. Zurakowski), “Analysis of Differential Resistance Emergence Risk for Differential Treatment Applications,” 2009-2011.
- Dr. Hulin Wu received a Multidisciplinary Pilot Award from the University of Rochester Developmental Center for AIDS Research (D-CFAR), “Meta-Population Model of HIV/TB Co-Epidemics in a Cape Town Community,” 2009-2010.
- Dr. Hulin Wu received a NIH RO1 Grant, “Estimation Methods for Nonlinear ODE Models in AIDS Research,” for 4 years, 2010-2013.
- Dr. Hulin Wu received a Novel Methodology CTSI grant, “Development of Statistical Methods and Bioinformatics Tools for Modeling Dynamic Gene Regulatory Networks for Translational Research – A Systems Biology Approach,” for two years by the University of Rochester CTSI, 2010-2012.
- Dr. Hulin Wu, as a Co-PI with Dr. Hua Liang, received a NIH Institutional Research Training Grant (T32), “Training in Biostatistics for HIV/AIDS,” for 5 years, 2010-2015.
- Dr. Hulin Wu serves as the Director of Biomathematics, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Core, Developmental-Center for AIDS Research (D-CFAR), Co-PIs: Drs. Stephen Dewhurst and Michael Keefer, funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases/NIH, 2008–2013.
- Dr. Hulin Wu serves as the Director of Biostatistics and Data Management Core, the New York Influenza Center of Excellence (NYICE), Co-PIs: Drs. John Treanor and David Topham, funded by NIAID/NIH, 2007-2014.
- Dr. Hulin Wu serves as the Director of Biostatistics and Modeling Core, the NIH Program (PO1) Grant, “Novel Adjunctive Therapies for NeuroAIDS,” (PI: Harris A. Gelbard, M.D./Ph.D.), funded by NIH, 2010-2015.
- Dr. Hulin Wu serves as the Biostatistics and Data Management Core Director, the NIH Program (PO1) Grant, “B Cells in Health and Disease,” (PI: Ignacio Sanz, MD), funded by NIAID/NIH, 2010-2015.
- Welcome two postdoctoral fellows, Dr. Shuang Wu (Ph.D. in Statistics, Department of Statistics, University of California, Davis) and Dr. Tendai Mugwagwa (Ph.D. in Theoretical Biology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands) who joined our group in Spring, 2010.