Hours and Visiting Policies
We welcome you to visit between 11:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. every day. However, please try to avoid coming between 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. This is when our nurses change shifts. They need to exchange reports and update each other about each patient’s condition. So, they won’t be able to speak with you about your loved one.
Visiting hours in the Kessler Family ICU differ from other areas. Check with the ICU nursing staff for specific information.
The Kessler Burn & Trauma Center is located at Strong Memorial Hospital. View directions and a map. Go to the information desk in the main lobby and our volunteers will give you directions to the inpatient unit.
Why Can’t We Visit in the Morning?
Patient care “rounds” are conducted daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. This is when our healthcare teams discuss and update each patient’s plan of care. We also do exams, x-rays, and other procedures at this time. We limit visitors to help ensure each patient’s confidentiality and privacy.
Why Do I Have to Wait in the Waiting Room?
Sometimes we may ask you to wait in the waiting room for a short time before your visit. We will do this only if we’re in the middle of helping the patient, such as giving a bath, or an evaluation or doing a procedure.
You can help us provide the highest quality care for our patients. When you follow the guidelines below, we’ll be able to create the most peaceful, respectful, healing environment for your loved one. Of course, we try to be as flexible and accommodating to your needs as possible.
- Visitors must be 12 years or older.
- Two visitors at a time are allowed at the bedside.
- If we ask you to step out for a minute or wait before seeing your loved one, wait in the waiting room.
- We’re happy to discuss your loved one’s condition with you any time except during nursing shift changes (3:00 – 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.).
- Do not use cell phones anywhere in the Burn/Trauma bay. They interfere with equipment we use to monitor patients’ vital signs.
- Please use the phones in the visitor’s lounge. The phones in the Burn/Trauma bay are for hospital staff only.
- Please do not bring or send fresh flowers or fruit.
Kessler Burn Center, call (585) 275-2876.
Kessler Trauma Center, call (585) 275-8000.
Transfer Center, call (800) 499-9298 (24 hours).
For Patient Information
Call (585) 275-2181.
Visitor Lounge and Waiting Room
Friends or family members are asked to use our waiting room on the 8th floor.