Ease of Access
Geographic location is the major issue for most people. In addition, to proximity of the care center, check out the following:
How long do patients generally wait for appointments, treatment, or return phone calls?
- What are the normal office hours?
- Are there evening or weekend appointments?
- How are urgent care issues handled?
- How extensive is the hospital's referral network? What arrangements do they have with other facilities to provide services they themselves cannot?
- If you need translation services ask if interpreters are available for both routine and urgent care situations.