Treating heart valve disease is complex, requiring a thorough understanding of valve disease and treatment options.
URMC's Valve Center offers patients comprehensive diagnosis and treatment options for heart valve disease. URMC's multidisciplinary approach to valve treatment includes cardiologists, who offer less invasive interventional procedures such as percutaneous valvuloplasty, and cardiothoracic surgeons, who offer a range of options from minimally invasive valve surgery to valve repair and replacement.
Diagnostics include transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography with 3-D imaging, cardiac magnetic resonance imaging, multi-detector computed tomography with 3-D reconstruction and cardiac catheterization. Review of test results, therapeutic strategies and all decision-making takes place in conjunction with the referring and/or primary care physician.
Treatments we provide
- Advanced port-access surgery for mitral valve repair and replacement.
- Balloon valvuloplasty to treat mitral stenosis and aortic stenosis.
- Percutaneous closure of prosthetic valve paravalvular leaks.
- Valve-sparing aortic root replacement.
- Complex mitral valve repair.
- Complex aortic root construction of all types.
- Aortic valve repair.
- Minimally invasive aortic valve replacement.
- The Ross procedure, replacing the aortic valve with the patient’s own pulmonary valve.
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
URMC Cardiologists and Cardiac Surgeons
Who to contact
Have you been diagnosed with valve disease? Would you like to learn more about URMC's valve treatments? Then please call (585) 275-2475 and ask for a referral to the Valve Center.
For patient referral or questions on less invasive Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) at the University of Rochester Medical Center please call (585) 275-2877 or email us at TAVI@urmc.rochester.edu.