- Investigation of small molecule compounds with favorable CNS/plasma ratiosÂ that inhibit MLK3 in in vitro and in vivo models of HAND.Â In vivo models currently include two photon microscopy of chronic thinned skull windows of irradiation chimera in mice transgenic for XFP markers of neurons, inflammatory leukocytes and microglia.
- Collaboration with Burns Blaxall in the CVRI to investigate the role of small molecule inhibitors of MLK3 in in vitro and in vivo models of heart failure.
- Mechanisms of synaptic engulfment with a focus on disruption of normal kinome signaling in neurons, glia and inflammatory leukocytes
- Nanoscale imaging of synaptic proteins using fPALM
- Synaptic dysfunction in in vivo models of multiple sclerosis
Showing 2 of 94 journal articles.
Lu SM; Tremblay MÈ; King IL; Qi J; Reynolds HM; Marker DF; Varrone JJ; Majewska AK; Dewhurst S; Gelbard HA. "HIV-1 Tat-induced microgliosis and synaptic damage via interactions between peripheral and central myeloid cells." PloS one. 2011; 6(9):e23915. Epub 2011 Sep 02.
Kasischke KA; Lambert EM; Panepento B; Sun A; Gelbard HA; Burgess RW; Foster TH; Nedergaard M. "Two-photon NADH imaging exposes boundaries of oxygen diffusion in cortical vascular supply regions." Journal of cerebral blood flow and metabolism : official journal of the International Society of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism. 2011; 31(1):68-81. Epub 2010 Sep 22.