- Investigation of small molecule compounds with favorable CNS/plasma ratiosÂ that inhibit MLK3 in in vitro and in vivo models of HAND.Â In vivo models currently include two photon microscopy of chronic thinned skull windows of irradiation chimera in mice transgenic for XFP markers of neurons, inflammatory leukocytes and microglia.
- Collaboration with Burns Blaxall in the CVRI to investigate the role of small molecule inhibitors of MLK3 in in vitro and in vivo models of heart failure.
- Mechanisms of synaptic engulfment with a focus on disruption of normal kinome signaling in neurons, glia and inflammatory leukocytes
- Nanoscale imaging of synaptic proteins using fPALM
- Synaptic dysfunction in in vivo models of multiple sclerosis
Showing 2 of 94 journal articles.
Dash PK; Gorantla S; Gendelman HE; Knibbe J; Casale GP; Makarov E; Epstein AA; Gelbard HA; Boska MD; Poluektova LY. "Loss of neuronal integrity during progressive HIV-1 infection of humanized mice." The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience.. 2011; 31(9):3148-57.
Perry SW; Norman JP; Barbieri J; Brown EB; Gelbard HA. "Mitochondrial membrane potential probes and the proton gradient: a practical usage guide." BioTechniques.. 2011; 50(2):98-115.