2015 6th Annual Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Awards
On Thursday, April 30, the 6th Annual Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Awards ceremony was held at the University of Rochester Medical Center. This awards program was created by the Center for Community Health to recognize URMC faculty and staff for their significant contributions to the health of the community. We were pleased to host Dr. Satcher himself, who presented the awards and spoke on "The Role of Leadership in the Relay Race for Health Equity."
The 2015 Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Award winners were:
Precious Bedell, MA, CHW
Dedicated to providing support and resources to incarcerated women re-entering the community and implementing policy changes to eliminate health disparities, in partnership with:
- Alternatives for Battered Women
- Facing Race Embracing Equity
- Judicial Process Commission
- Monroe County Office of Mental Health
Amina P. Alio, PhD
Working to reduce health inequalities on the Rochester community, in partnership with:
- African American Health Coalition
- Finger Lakes Health Systems Agency
- Interdenominational Health Ministry Coalition
- Mental Health Association
- Perinatal Network of Monroe County
- Rochester Faith Collaborative
Michael C. Keefer, MD
Committed to preventative HIV vaccine research and other forms of HIV/AIDS treatment and research, in partnership with:
- Gay Alliance of Genesee Valley
- Rochester Black Leadership Coalition on AIDS
- Rochester HIV/AIDS Research Community Advisory Board
- Trillium Health
Our deepest thanks and congratulations go to the award winners and their community partners. Through their dedication and teamwork, they are improving the health of the Greater Rochester community.
You can view a video recording of the awards presentation and lecture here.
Precious Bedell, Dr. Amina Alio, Dr. Michael Keefer
Dr. David Satcher
Dr. David Satcher
Mike Mattiucci, Rohini Bhatia, Dr. Satcher, Anna Artymowicz, Josef Bartels
If you have any questions, please contact us at SatcherAward@urmc.rochester.edu, or call Mary McDonald at (585) 224-3062.