- About Us
- Programs & Services
- Community Partnerships
- Research & Surveillance
- Health Policy
- Community Health Resources
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Programs and Services
The Center’s program focus on prevention and are designed to help people lead healthier lives. They include the following:
- Blood Pressure Advocate Program - a clinic-based program to help adults diagnosed with high blood pressure get their blood pressure under control.
- Cancer Services Program of Monroe County - offering free cancer screenings for men and women, ages 40 -64, with little or no insurance.
- Healthy Hero Outreach Project - helping parents and families build healthy eating and active play into their everyday routines.
- Healthy Living Center - helping people improve their health by making meaningful and lasting lifestyle changes.
- Healthy Living Library – offering a quiet, comfortable place for reading and research on health topics.
- Healthy Living Program/Vida en Salud - community-based fitness and health education programs aimed at helping African Americans and Latinos adopt healthy lifestyles.
- Rochester Walks! - working in city neighborhood to promote walking and encourage physical activity.
- Teen Health and Success Partnerships - partnering with Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection to increase graduation rates in Rochester City Schools and help young adults find and keep jobs.
- UR Employee Health Programs (YOURhealth) - FREE health and wellness programs for eligible UR employees, spouses/domestic partners, and retirees.