- About Us
- Programs & Services
- Community Partnerships
- Research & Surveillance
- Education, Talks, & Events
- Health Policy
- Community Health Resources
- News & Events
- Contact Us
High cholesterol can increase your risk of heart disease, heart attack, and stroke. The good news is that your cholesterol level can be managed.
One-on-one lifestyle management counseling is available to help you get your cholesterol under control. Programs are available at no cost to eligible UR employees.
What You Can Expect
In this Lifestyle Management Program you will:
- Meet with a Registered Dietitian (RD) who will assess your dietary behaviors, meal patterns and routines. Then, you'll work together to develop strategies to lower cholesterol—strategies that respect your preferences and fit into your lifestyle
- Monitor progress and fine tune strategies at two monthly visits with our RD.
- Have access to a follow-up screening to find out how lifestyle changes impacted your cholesterol. If diet and lifestyle changes are not producing the results you are looking for, we will discuss other options, including medication and a referral to a Condition Management Program.
- Receive support and encouragement every step of the way!
Appointments are available at various locations throughout the University. Find a location that is convenient for you, then call or e-mail us to schedule an appointment. Call (585) 530-2050 or e-mailHealthy_Living_Center@urmc.rochester.edu
Eligibility for Program Participation and Financial Incentives
- Your eligibility for our Lifestyle Management Programs can be found on this eligibility table.
- Financial incentives may be offered to jump-start your efforts. Learn more about financial incentives
Feeling better and living healthier is just a phone call or click away. Call (585) 530-2050 or email us at Healthy_Living_Center@urmc.rochester.edu
We look forward to hearing from you about this cholesterol management program or our other health programs