- About Us
- Programs & Services
- Community Partnerships
- Research & Surveillance
- Health Policy
- Community Health Resources
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Lose Weight for Better Health
We’re glad you’re here!
If losing weight is one of your health goals, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got a team of experts and a proven approach to help you lose those extra pounds and keep them off.
Our first step will be to meet with you and listen. We want to make sure we have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve – whether it be to fit into that favorite pair of jeans, decrease your risk of disease, reduce your medications, or just feel better overall. We’re here for you!
Here’s what you can expect:
- Lots of personal support and inspiration from a Lifestyle Change Coach who will help you tap your internal motivation for change
- Helpful information and tips to help you make healthy eating choices without depriving yourself of the foods you love
- Ideas to get you physically active that fit into your lifestyle and schedule
- Help creating a personal weight loss plan designed by YOU for YOU
- A choice of group sessions and/or individual meetings
- At last . . . an excellent chance to lose weight and keep it off!
Our proven approach – called Lifestyle Management – has worked for lots of people. It is based on the results from research studies that have shown howadopting ahealthier lifestyle through exercise and nutrition can help you lose weight and keep it off. It can work for you, too!
Our supportive team of physicians, registered dietitians, social workers, and an exercise physiologist, are ready to help you get motivated to eat healthier and be physically active.
FREE help for eligible University of Rochester employees
Are you employed by the University of Rochester? Your health benefits may cover our health programs at no cost to you and/or your spouse/domestic partner. UR non-Medicare eligible retirees enrolled in a University Health Care Plan and their spouses/domestic partners enrolled in a University Health Care Plan may also be eligible. Learn more about your eligibility.
Feeling better and living healthier is just a phone call or click away. Call (585) 530-2050 or email us at Healthy_Living_Center@urmc.rochester.edu
We look forward to hearing from you about this weight loss program or our other health programs