- About Us
- Programs & Services
- Community Partnerships
- Research & Surveillance
- Health Policy
- Community Health Resources
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Maintain Your Weight
Many of us have been there -- taken off the weight, only to put it back on, plus some. It can be discouraging. But, there's good news:
If maintaining your healthy weight is one of your health goals, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got a team of experts and a proven approach to help you keep off those unwanted pounds and maintain your weight.
Our first step will be to meet with you and listen. We want to make sure we have a clear understanding of your current eating habits and routines for physical activity. We want to hear about your successes, as well as your challenges. We’re here for you!
Here’s what you can expect:
- Lots of personal encouragement and inspiration from a Lifestyle Change Coach in a group setting
- Helpful information and tips to help you continue to make healthy eating choices without depriving yourself of the foods you love
- New ideas to help you maintain or increase the amount of physically activity you are getting
- Useful tools and tips to help you avoid and manage some of the life stressors that can side-rail your best efforts
- Support and encouragement every step of the way!
Our proven approach – called Lifestyle Management – has worked for lots of people. It is based on the results from research studies that have shown how adopting healthier lifestyle through exercise and nutrition can help you lose weight and keep it off. It can work for you, too!
Our supportive team of physicians, registered dietitians, social workers, and an exercise physiologist, are here to help you stay motivated to eat healthier and be physically active to maintain your weight.
FREE help for eligible University of Rochester employees
Are you employed by the University of Rochester? Your health benefits may cover our health programs at no cost to you and/or your spouse/domestic partner. UR non-Medicare eligible retirees enrolled in a University Health Care Plan and their spouses/domestic partners enrolled in a University Health Care Plan may also be eligible. Click here for the eligibility table.
Feeling better and living healthier is just a phone call or click away. Call (585) 530-2050 or email us at Healthy_Living_Center@urmc.rochester.edu
We look forward to hearing from you about this weight maintenance program or our other health programs