- About Us
- Programs & Services
- Community Partnerships
- Research & Surveillance
- Education, Talks, & Events
- Health Policy
- Community Health Resources
- News & Events
- Contact Us
We can help you improve your health, even if you find it difficult to stop smoking altogether. People who reduce and stop using tobacco enjoy immediate and substantial health benefits. Our Smokers Health program is designed to help those who use tobacco improve their health. Individual counseling and a medication consultation are provided by our Lifestyle Counselor and physician or nurse practitioner.
One-on-one lifestyle management counseling is available to help you improve your health whether you decide to stop smoking or not. Either way, we are here for you.
What you can expect
This Lifestyle Management Program has worked for many people. Here's why:
- Our program focuses on YOU and your particular circumstances. Even if you are not ready to stop, we will support you and discuss what you can do to care for your health
- We share tried and true methods to help you manage withdrawal symptoms
- We assess and discuss medication options, when needed
- We understand that relapses may occur and will help you prevent and manage them, if it happens
- We offer support and encouragement every step of the way!
Appointments are available at various locations throughout the University. Find a location that is convenient for you, then call or e-mail us to schedule an appointment. Call 585-530-2050 or e-mail the Healthy_Living_Center@urmc.rochester.edu In addition to in-person counseling appointments, support can be provided by phone if desired.
Eligibility for program participation and financial incentives
- Your eligibility for our Lifestyle Management Programs can be found on this eligibility table.
- Financial incentives may be offered to jump-start your efforts. Learn more about financial incentives
Feeling better and living healthier is just a phone call or click away. Call (585) 530-2050 or email us at Healthy_Living_Center@urmc.rochester.edu
We look forward to hearing from you about this weight loss program or our other health programs