Hundreds of faculty and staff from at least 15 URMC departments and/or centers implement more than 75 community service programs and interventions annually. Some are pilot projects, others are long-standing commitments to community organizations, and still others are permanent programs established after their results earned them permanent funding sources.
Below is a partial list of URMC-sponsored programs. Information about each program can be viewed by clicking the links.
- Academic Success by Helping Children to Have a Strong Start
- Baby Love: Reaching Out to At-Risk Mothers, Infants and Families
- Community Approach to Improved Dementia Care
- Community Health Improvement Clerkship (CHIC)
- Eliminating Disparity in Childhood Immunization and Primary Care
- Furthering Science Education through the Life Sciences Learning Center
- Greater Rochester Area Tobacco Cessation Center (GRATCC)
- Health-e-Access: Using Technology to Care for Children
- Healthy Home
- Helping to Prevent and Detect Cancer Earlier
- Hospice and Health Education Outreach
- Improving Care Planning and Well-being in Older Adults with Macular Degeneration
- Improving Health and Developmental Outcomes for Children with Asthma
- Injury Free Coalition for Kids of Rochester Community Based Teen Smart Driving
- Injury Prevention: Protecting Children from Iron Burns
- Linking Mentally Ill Individuals to Services they need Keeping them out of Jail
- Preventing Sports Injuries in Teenage Girls
- Promoting Health in the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Populations
- Ruth A. Lawrence Poison and Drug Information Center
- SMILEmobile: A Dental Clinic Serving Urban and Rural Children
- Students Reach Out to Make Sure UR Well
URMC faculty who would like their programs listed above should complete this program listing request form andsend it via email to the Center for Community Health at firstname.lastname@example.org.