Medical Education Research Interest Group (MERIG)
The mission of the Medical Education Research Interest Group is to provide a peer-mentored team approach to faculty development in medical education research to help promote research in medical education, enhance its quality and application to educational practice, and foster a community of practice.
The goal of MERIG is to continuously improve the conduct of medical education research by:
- Improving the quality of training in medical education research and fostering the continued development of medical education researchers;
- Facilitating the exchange of research findings, disseminating the results of this research, and encouraging their application to educational practice;
- Facilitating collaboration among individuals representing a broad range of disciplines who contribute to scholarship in medical education, both within the institution and between institutions;
- Continuing scholarship and application of new knowledge.
MERIG objectives are to:
- Provide a curriculum to help medical educators acquire or enhance skills in medical education research;
- Conduct a Medical Education Journal Club;
- Conduct regular presentations of ongoing or planned medical education research projects;
- Promote working groups to facilitate collaboration on interdisciplinary and multi-institutional medical education research projects.
Target Group Members
Current and former Dean's Teaching Fellows; leaders in medical education; medical educators interested in medical education research
Approximately Bi-monthly, 12PM - 1PM (Light refreshments served)
Schedule of meetings for 2012 - 2013:
Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 12PM - 1PM, Natapow (1-9545)
Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 12PM - 1PM, Natapow (1-9545)
Wednesday, May 21, 2014, 12PM - 1PM, Natapow (1-9545)
To be added to MERIG Listserve, please contact the Office for Faculty Development at 276-3782 or firstname.lastname@example.org