Department Link

The Department of Dermatology at the University of Rochester was established in July of 1981. Eastman Kodak Company endowed the James H. Sterner Chair in Dermatology at the School of Medicine and Dentistry in honor of the founder of its Laboratory of Industrial Medicine and Medical Director from 1951-1968. The Dermatology Residency Program began in July 1981 and reached its current size in 2012. The philosophy of the program is that residents and faculty working closely together promote the best possible care of patients with both common and complicated skin diseases, while creating an optimal educational environment.