Travel & Lodging
If you have any questions, please email Betty Aman
For your convenience, blocks of rooms have been reserved at our expense for the night prior to your interview. You will be staying at the East Avenue Inn & Suites, located at 384 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14607.
Your Information Packet
When you check in at the hotel, you will be given a folder containing key information about your visit, including an Itinerary Sheet that will give details for the transportation to the evening dinner with the residents and to the hospital for your interview day.
Please note: The schedule for your interview day will be provided at the Morning Welcome with the Program Director on the day of your interview.
Making Hotel Reservations
- Please place your reservation with the East Avenue Inn & Suites at least 7 days prior to your interview date.
- While the program will pay for your accommodations on the night before your interview, the hotel will ask for credit card information to guarantee the reservation and for incidental charges (long distance phone, etc.).
- Make your reservations by Phone:
- Contact the reservations desk at 585-325-5010 or 800-559-8039
- The reservations desk will require your name, the program (UR Med-Peds Residency), your interview date, and your arrival and departure dates.
- Reservations on the Web:
- Visit the hotel's website eastaveinn.com
- When prompted enter the Promo Code: MEDPED. The online reservations system will require your name, full address and contact information and a valid credit card number. Please enter your interview date in the "Special Instructions" field of the reservation.
- If you choose to stay an extra day before or after the night prior to your interview, the hotel will honor our discounted fee ($89.00/night), but you will need to pay separately and you will be charged a sales and lodging tax of 14%.
- If you need to change your reservation, please contact the hotel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival.
- Please contact the hotel with any additional lodging questions by phone
(585-325-5010 or 800-559-8029) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The hotel's reservations desk is staffed 24 hours.
Hotel Shuttle Service
The East Avenue Inn & Suites offers complimentary shuttle service:
- To and from the evening dinner with the residents and to your interview at the University of Rochester (arranged for by the program).
- To and from the Greater Rochester International Airport, the Amtrak Station, and the Greyhound Bus Terminal. Please inform the hotel of your shuttle needs at the time you make your hotel reservation.
A listing of air carriers that service the Rochester area can be found here: Greater Rochester International Airport.
Flying into the Rochester Airport can be expensive depending on the airline and the dates you travel. As an option, you may want to consider flying into Buffalo, NY. The savings may be worth the cost of a renting a car and driving to Rochester. We are about 1 1/2 hours from the Buffalo airport. (If you choose to do this, let Betty Aman know - there may be other applicants doing the same and you could meet at the Buffalo Airport and carpool to Rochester.)
Learn About Rochester
For additional information about Rochester prior to your visit, explore Living in Rochester.