Program Overview - What Makes us Unique?
The OB-GYN team at our program, of which residents are a key part, has the opportunity to care for women at all stages of life and provide well-woman care, often as the only physician a woman sees on a regular basis, as well as for pregnancy care, family planning, acute and chronic gynecologic problems, and menopausal care. We coordinate care for our patients with their primary care physicians and other specialists and act as consultants for primary care physicians who provide routine OB-GYN care to their patients. We aim to keep women healthy and happy throughout the stages of their lives, providing a continuity of care that very few specialties enjoy.
We are deeply committed to
- Providing outstanding training to our residents who graduate and provide care for women all across the country View map noting recent graduates
- Providing the resources and guidance needed for our residents who pursue subspecialty training
- Promoting excellence in patient care and investigative research
- Providing care of the highest order to the women of our community
- Outpatient Continuity Clinic
- Inpatient OB- URMC
- Inpatient GYN- URMC
- Inpatient OB-GYN- HH
- Subspecialty Rotations
- Resident Research Program
- Mindful Practice
- Weekly Didactic Time
- Team STEPPS & OB-GYN Simulation
- Residents' Assembly & Resident Council
- Robust Family Planning program with 2 dedicated attendings, including time at Planned Parenthood, and a department strongly committed to the provision of family planning services to the women of our community. All residents participate in family planning and advanced contraception clinics and participation in procedures is at the preference of the resident.
- eRecord used for all inpatient and outpatient documentation.
- Miner Online Library includes digital access to thousands of medical journals, including all the major OB-GYN journals, general OB-GYN and other medical specialty textbooks, and Up-To-Date (among other educational programs) from all clinical work sites.
- Blackboard website is home to all curricula, learning objectives, educational materials, policies, etc. for the program and all rotations.
- E*Value electronic evaluation system
Other Program Highlights
The four years of OB-GYN training provide an opportunity for individuals at each level of training to progressively develop their clinical skills and judgment and to assume increasingly greater responsibility for patient management. This progressive responsibility and independence is fostered by faculty and staff; OB-GYN residents always have direct supervision immediately available by a supervising physician who is physically present on site and whose responsibilities specifically include resident supervision.