- How do I Apply to the Child Neurology Residency Program?
- Applicants can apply to the Pediatric Neurology Residency Program at the University of Rochester through ERAS. We do not accept paper applications. The University of Rochester Child Neurology Residency Program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Please ensure that you have registered with the National Resident Matching Program. For more information, applicants should contact the Help Desk at 1-866-617-5838.
- What Documents are Required as Part of my Application?
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Scores for Step 1 and 2
- Personal Photograph
- Dean’s Letter – This will automatically upload into the ERAS database.
- Curriculum Vitae – An updated CV should be provided at the time of the interview.
Please see the ERAS application process guidelines for more information.
- What is the Deadline for Applications?
- October 15th, 2015
- Does your Program Include the Pediatric Years?
- The 2 categorical positions include the pediatric years and there is no need to apply to the Pediatric program separately. For the 1 reserved position, you must have already completed your pediatrics training and be ready to start Child Neurology training in July 2016.
What are the Qualifications Required from Graduates?
Applicants to the Child Neurology Residency Program must be graduates of an approved U.S. or Canadian Medical School, or foreign medical graduates who have been certified through the ECFMG at the time of application. Only J-1 Visas are accepted by the University of Rochester.
When and how does your program notify applicants about interviews?
The program director will send an email via ERAS to invite an applicant for an interview.
- When are Interviews Scheduled?
- Interviews are scheduled Mondays only starting in late October 2015 through January 2016. No interviews will be scheduled during the holiday weeks, December 24 and 31.
- Do you Accept Foreign Medical Graduates?
- Yes, we accept international graduates who satisfy our application requirements.
- What Type of Visa do you Accept?
- The University of Rochester training programs accept only J-1 Visas sponsored through the ECFMG. You must hold a current and valid ECFMG certificate in order for your application to be considered.
- What are Your USMLE Score Requirements?
- We typically require a minimum score of 200 or better on your first attempt on USMLE Step 1, but would consider a lower score on a case-by-case basis. You are welcome to apply regardless of score..
- Do you Require Clinical Experience in the United States?
- No. If you do have US clinical experience, please include this in your application information.
- Does Your Program Offer a Pre-match?
- No. We do not offer pre-match positions.
- Are There any Special Requirements for Doctor of Osteopathy Applicants?
- It is preferred that Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) applicants take and pass USMLE step 1, but we will also consider applications for those with COMLEX alone. The University of Rochester Child neurology residency program is a five-year program that includes two (PGY-1 and 2) years in Pediatrics. We do not accept the internship in DO in lieu of PGY-1 or PGY-2.