We pride ourselves on:
- Earning an A+ Rating for Graduate Medical Education. We are the first institution in the nation to be awarded full accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education six years in a row.
- Faculty who are local, state, and national leaders in community pediatrics, advocacy, health care delivery, health sciences research, and bench research.
- Maintaining a strong partnership with the community, which allows all pediatric and combined internal medicine-pediatric residents to participate in the "Pediatric Links with the Community (PLC). The nationally recognized program, now housed in the Hoekelman Center, serves as a model for residency training in community health.
- Offering a rigorous program within a supportive environment. Our program is designed to provide intellectual depth and professional growth through clinical experiences and educational opportunities.
Congratulations to Our Residents and Alumni!
- Jared Winikor recently published "A 14-year-old boy with Mycoplasma pneumonia-associated mucositis and intracranial hypertension." Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2015.
- Bo Lee recently published "Autism spectrum disorder and epilepsy: Disorders with a shared biology." Epilepsy and Behavior. 2015.
- Sarah-Wade Boatwright recently published "Pilot Study and Review: Physiological differences in BDNF, a potential biomarker in males and females with autistic disorder." Internation Neuropsychiatric Disease Journal. 2015.
- Justin Goldsten (alum) recently published "Measurement of tensile forces on various patch materials for congenital diaphragmatic henria repair using a novel testing platform." Pediatric Research. 2015.
- Jared Winikor and Abby Kroening (alum) presented "Quality Improvement Project: Implementing Pediatric Standardized Development Screening in a Refugee Primary Care Clinic." at the North American Refugee Health Conference, Toronto, Canada 2015.
- Accepted Abstracts at 2015 AAP, SHM, and APA's (co-sponsored) Annual Pediatric Hospital Medicine meeting: Cate Krafft and Teja Dyamenahalli (alum).
- 2015 PAS presenter Katie Mowers (alum) "Trends in Pregnancy Termination Rates After Fetal Diagnosis of Single Ventricle: A 17 Year Restrospective Review."
- 2015 PAS and ESPR presenter: Justin R. Goldstein (alum) "Measurement of Tensile Forces on Various Patch Materials for Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Repair Using a Novel Testing Platform."
- 2015 PAS presenters: Megan Callanan (alum) and Catherine Agricola (M-P) "KidsThrive585.org: Facilitating Community Connections in the Medical Home".
- 2015 PAS and annual Eastern SPR presenter: James Thomas (alum) "Post-Training Knowledge Gaps Following Helping Babies Breathe Training in Northern India".
- 2015 PAS presenter: Abby Kroening (alum) "Refugee Commmunity Perspectives: Informing Developmental and Behavioral Screening".
- 2015 PAS presenter: Sean Frey (alum) "Medication Identification Among Caregivers of Urban Children with Asthma".
- 2015 SMH Pediatric Grand Rounds Research Presenters:
- Justin Goldstein (alum): Measurement of Tensile Forces on Various Patch Materials for Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Repair Using a Novel Testing Platform.
- Diana Miller (alum): Improving Glycemic Control in Rochester City Teens with Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Through the Use of Telemedicine in School-Based Health Centers: A (mini)-Pilot Intervention.
- Katie Mowers (alum): Pregnancy Termination Rates after Fetal Diagnosis of Single Ventricle: A 17 Year Retrospective Review.
- Megan Kazi recently published "FitKids360: Design, Conduct, and Outcomes of a Stage 2 Pediatric Obesity Program." Journal of Obesity. 2014.
- Sucharita Mukherjee recently published "The Prevalence and Correlates of Lifetime Psychiatric Disorders and Trauma Exposures in Urban and Rural Settings; Results from the National Comorbidity Survey Replication" in PLOS ONE.org. 2014.
- Yogangi Malhotra (alum) received the 2014 March of Dimes New York State Chapter Advocacy and Government Affairs Award.
- 2014 PAS presenter: Danielle Renodin-Mead (alum) "Use of novel respiratory monitor to determine provider accuracy in assessing change of chest wiggle in high frequency ventilation".
- 2014 Society of Hospital Medicine Abstract: Anna Bottar "Vacular ring: An uncommon presentation of alte and feeding intolerance in infancy".
- 2014 SMH Pediatric Grand Rounds Research Presenters:
- Danielle Renodin-Mead (alum): Use of novel respiratory monitor to determine provider accuracy in assessing change of chest wiggle in high frequency ventilation.
- Megan Callanan (alum): Kids Thrive 585.
- Danielle Flanigan (alum): Efficacy of bortezomib in metastatic osteoscarcoma.
- Jon Slothower (alum) publish
- Elizabeth Nocera (alum)published "Tempering pediatric hospitalist supervision of residents improves admission process efficiency without decreasing quality of care" in the Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2013
- Melissa Tsuoboyama (alum) published "Using patient characteristics to predict usefulness of abdominal computed tomography in children" in Hospital Pediatrics. 2013.
- Lee Williams and Yogangi Malhotra (both alum) published "A Single-Blinded Randomized Clinical Trial Comparin Polymyxin B-Trimethoprim and Moxifloxacin for Treatment of Acute Conjunctivitis in Children" in the Journal of pediatrics. 2013.
In the News
- Plans for the new Golisano Children's Hospital put patients and families first.
- The Rochester Youth Violence Partnership is 1 of 5 Nationally Recognized
- Tom McInerny, M.D., F.A.A.P., Associate Chair for Clinical Affairs in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC), has been named the next president-elect of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).