Announcements and Accolades
- Dr. Kasia Iwan (PGY3) received a Strong Star for going Above and Beyond. A colleague wrote " On a busy morning Dr. Kasia went above and beyond her call of duty when she offered to help a PCT move and boost a patient."
- Dr. Franchesca Konig-Toro (PGY1) received a Strong Star nomination from a patient who wrote "Dr. Konig-toro deserves recognition on her professionalism and excellence in the medical field. She is a true compassionate and respectful asset to the medical team at SMH. I will always be grateful and will remember her for all she has done for me. Thank you, Dr. Konig-Toro!
- Dr. Denise Norton (PGY4) received a Strong Star for providing exceptional care. An appreciative patient wrote " Dr. Norton provided exceptional care by really listening to me and asking relevant questions. She did a thorough exam of my joints. I felt she really cared about my health and well-being and expressed that through her questions, listening and hands. Thank you, Dr. Norton!"
- Dr. Maya Modzelewski (PGY4) received a Strong Star nomination from an appreciative patient's family, who wrote" Dr. Maya helped our family overcome my husband's injury. She was always available for questions and provided us with a lot of support. Her compassion is evident in her care. She gave my husband independence and his dignity. We will always be thankful for Dr. Maya's dedication and care."
- Dr. Kristen Brusky (PGY2) received a Strong Star from a thankful family member who wrote " My father was a patient on the 6-3400 Unit and Dr. Brusky worked with my family to decide a plan for him. She exhibited compassion and caring. Her explanations were easy to understand and gave us complete information to help us make decisions. She goes above and beyond to keep the family in the loop. It was important for us to be informed and aware of all medical conditions for my father to help make decisions."
- The majority of our residents participated in the 10th Annual SCI Health Fair in October 2014.