Educational Activities/Teaching Conferences
Besides the didactic course work leading to a degree, the residency involves the following required learning opportunities on the medical school campus.
- Public Health Grand Rounds (Twice monthly during academic year, sponsored by PHS and the Center for Community Health) 12-1 p.m.
- Weekly GPM/PH Residency Activity (4 – 6 p.m.)
- Preventive Med Journal Club—Once a month (Once quarterly with Preventive Cardiology Fellows
- Administrative Meeting—Once a month
- Preventive Med Resident Teaching Rounds—Bimonthly (one by faculty; one by a resident)
- City-wide Occupational Medicine Grand Rounds (once a month at the University of Rochester or Xerox, 7:30 –8:30 a.m.)
- Prevention Research Opportunities Discussion with CTSI Director (up to once a week)
Other optional educational opportunities that you are encouraged to attend if you are free include:
- Preventive Cardiology Journal Club (once a month)
- Weekly Epidemiology Division Educational Activity (Journal Club, informal talks)
- Bi-Monthly—Health Policy and Outcomes Research Division Research Seminar (same time slot as Public Health Grand Rounds during the weeks there are no grand rounds)
- Twice Monthly Health Services Research Doctoral Students Workshop (informal—during same time slot as Public Health Grand Rounds when not)
- Occasional American Sign Language Classes
- Medical Center-wide Faculty and Resident mini sessions on improving teaching and/or career development (once or twice a month 4 – 6 p.m.)
- Any of the different departmental grand rounds you are interested in attending
- Patient Safety: Building a Safer Health System” certification course (Biweekly 5:30-7 p.m. for 11 sessions).