Faculty & Research
The Department of Psychiatry at URMC has an extensive research tradition, with a wide portfolio of projects supported by NIMH, foundation, state and other agencies.
Major research themes include:
- Study and Prevention of Suicide
- Veteran Suicide
- Women’s Mental Health
- Interpersonal Violence
- Prevention of Mental Disorders
- Family Research
- Preventive and Symptomatic Therapeutics for Dementia
- Treatment of Seriously Mentally Ill Persons
- Emergency Psychiatry
- Psychotherapy Comparative Effectiveness Research
Residents and other trainees are encouraged to take an active role in research projects, with robust mentorship provided. We have an excellent track record of obtaining NIH Mentored Career Development awards for junior faculty. Please refer to the URMC Department of Psychiatry website for more details.