Hello and Welcome
Welcome to the University of Rochester Medical Center / Strong Memorial psychiatry residency program! We would like to highlight just a few of the unique aspects of our program that drew us to Rochester and have made our training both comprehensive and enjoyable.
In keeping with the biopsychosocial model of care developed at the University that we apply to our patients Biopsychosocial Model Approach - a major theme of our program that you will notice is balance – including:
- A biological focus of treatment/understanding of mental illness along with 2.5 years of clinical psychotherapy exposure not found in many other programs
- Both individual and group supervision for each resident throughout the four years of training
- Truly protected weekly didactic time and clinical experience
- Work and life balance outside of the hospital
In addition, our program includes a large variety of unique clinical experiences that are not available at all training programs, including:
- Inpatient, outpatient and partial hospitalization programs in child psychiatry
- ECT training for all residents
- Rotation in an eating disorders partial hospitalization program
- A busy psychiatric emergency department
- A free mental health clinic run by residents weekly at Joseph’s Neighborhood Center – sjncenter.org
- Strong fellowships that are closely connected to the residency in child and adolescent psychiatry, forensics and geriatric psychiatry
Of course, our group of hard-working, compassionate and diverse residents and colleagues is what makes our job as the chief residents most fulfilling. We would love to hear from you, so feel free to contact any of us with any questions.
PS – Find out more about living in Rochester by clicking:urbanspoon.com