Upon completion, students will:
- Appreciate the multi-disciplinary nature of health services research
- Understand the structure, financing, and performance of the US health care system
- Be familiar with quantitative and qualitative analyses of health care services and policy
- Understand the basic principles of statistical analysis, econometrics, quality assessment and comparative effectiveness analysis
- Understand current methods used to formulate health care policy
- Know how to conduct basic statistical tests and regression analysis.
- Know how to interpret health services research studies
- Be able to perform decision analysis and comparative-effectiveness analysis
- Learn how to risk-adjust health care data.
- Be able to perform a health care policy analysis