Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Thank you for your interest in pursuing doctoral studies in Graduate Education at the of the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry.
We welcome applications from students whose background and experience demonstrate strong potential for scholarly achievement. Application to one PhD program per admissions year is accepted; however, you may request to transfer your application to a different program at any point in the application process.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biophysics, Structural, and Computational Biology
- Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology
- Genetics, Genomics and Development
- Health Services Research and Policy
- Immunology, Microbiology and Virology
- Pathways of Human Disease
- Translational Biomedical Science
HHMI "Med-into-Grad" Fellowship in Cardiovascular Science
Students with cardiovascular interest are encouraged to apply for this prestigious Howard Hughes Medical Institute Fellowship toward the end of their first year in any University of Rochester PhD-granting program. Please note your cardiovascular interest on your application to any University of Rochester PhD-granting program, and contact Jane Sottile or Keigi Fujiwara, PhD with further questions.
Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for answers to the most common application questions.