Graduate study at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry means engaging in research and training that informs and shapes the world around us. We invite you to explore our numerous graduate degree programs, our facilities and resources, our people, and our community. We welcome your application to our school should you choose to apply.
How to Apply to a Master’s or PhD Program
Please be sure to carefully read the descriptions and requirements of the graduate degree program of interest to you.
Select the degree program to which you will apply. Applicants may submit only one application per admissions year. However, you may request to transfer your application to a different program at any point in the application process.
Review the Application Timeline to ensure your application and all supporting materials are submitted prior to the deadline. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Complete and submit your application. It is expected that all application materials (with the exception of official score reports) be scanned and uploaded to your online application. Please note that the University of Rochester reserves the right to verify the accuracy of all transcripts and test scores, and to require submission of official documentation at any point in the admissions review process.
- Online Application (recommended browser is Google Chrome)
- Statement of Purpose
- Uploaded copy of transcript(s) to online application. Please do not mail a hard copy at this time.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official GRE Scores (institution code: 2948)
- Official TOEFL (institution code: 2948) or IELTS Scores (applicants whose native language is not English)
- Payment of the $60.00 application fee
- Research papers, publications and other original works, as well as resumes and CVs are generally not required*, but may also be submitted for consideration.
* The following programs do require a writing sample:
- Clinical Investigation
- Health Services Research and Policy
- Public Health
- Translational Research
It is expected that all application materials (with the exception of official score reports) be scanned and uploaded to your online application. Please do not mail secondary school documentation, financial documentation, etc., as these are not utilized during the admissions process.