- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Non-Matriculated Students
- Postdoctoral Affairs
- Center for Professional Development
- BEST Program
- Summer Scholars Program
- PREP Program
- Trainee Handbook
Undergraduate Research Day
Undergraduate Research Day is for Juniors and Seniors within a few hours driving distance from Rochester. View the invitation.
9:00am - 10:00am
|Check-in, breakfast, poster set-up||LeChase Assembly Hall
10:00am - 11:00am
|Plenary Lecture: by Robert Quivey, PhD "What would I do with a PhD?"||Class of 1962 Auditorium
11:00am - 1:00pm
|Undergraduate Student Poster Session||Sarah Flaum Atrium
1:00pm - 2:00pm
|Lunch||LeChase Assembly Hall
2:00pm - 3:00pm
|Tours of the school, facilities, labs, etc.||Meet in Sarah Flaum Atrium (G-9500)|
3:00pm - 4:00pm
|Meet individually with programs of interest|
- Applicants must be Juniors or Seniors when entering the Fall 2014 semester.
- Applicants must be prepared to submit a written abstract with their application form, as well as present a poster at the Undergraduate Student Poster Session.
- Applicants should have an interest in the biomedical, translational, public health and/or biostatistical sciences fields. PhD programs offered at the U of R
- A Review Committee comprised of University of Rochester faculty members will determine applicants' acceptance for the event.
- It is preferred that research advisors accompany their students to the event. If your research advisor cannot attend, you may invite someone else, such as your academic advisor. In the event that you cannot find an advisor available to attend with you, you may still participate.
- Apply online (the application is now closed)
- The application deadline is September 28, 2014.
- Any questions may be directed to SMD_Undergrad_Research_Day@urmc.rochester.edu
- Application deadline has been extended to Sunday, September 28, 2014
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance by Friday, October 3, 2014
- Undergraduate Research Day is Friday, October 24, 2014
The physical address for the School of Medicine and Dentistry, to be used with Google Maps, is: 415 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642.
Parking will be available, free of charge, in the Kornberg Parking lot on Elmwood Avenue. You will see the Kornberg Lot in the Northwest corner of the map. There is a large, silver clock in the entrance area and the building entrance reads "School of Medicine and Dentistry".
Thanks to everyone who attended the 2013 Undergraduate Research Day and made it a success! Check out the pictures above.