Welcome Class of 2019!
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. We are pleased that you will be joining us as you embark upon your career in medicine. We look forward to working with you during the next four years as you become physicians educated in our integrated Double Helix Curriculum.
We have an innovative faculty advising system to assist with the transition to medical school and to serve as a resource for career development. Through this system you are assigned to an Advisory Dean, who will be there to guide your personal and professional development during all four years of medical school. You will have the opportunity to meet your Advisory Dean in small groups the first day of orientation week. The school also has an integrated student services center, which serves as an efficient and comprehensive resource for your academic, financial, administrative and professional development needs.
On behalf of Dean Mark Taubman, the other Advisory Deans, and the faculty and staff of the School of Medicine and Dentistry, I would like to say that we are all delighted that you are joining the medical center community.
David R. Lambert, M.D.
Professor of Medicine
Senior Associate Dean for Medical Student Education
Please review the Incoming Medical Student Checklist.
Submission of Final Transcripts
- All official transcripts must be received prior to matriculation.
- Official transcripts must show degree conferral dates.
- Forward transcripts to:
University of Rochester Medical School
601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 601A
Rochester, NY 14642
Pre-Registration – August 3-7, 2015
- Pre-Registration is held in the Student Services Center (Room G-7644).
- Participation in Pre-Registration will not exempt you from Registration on August 10th.
- Participation in Pre-Registration will help reduce your waiting time on Registration Day.
- Please note required documentation for Verification of Eligibility under Orientation page.
- Students are responsible for registering, renewing and paying for parking.
- Students who drive to the Medical Center on Monday, August 3rd (Pre-Registration) or Monday, August 10th (Orientation) will park in Lot-1 (without charge or fines for one day). When arriving at Lot-1 please press the intercom to gain access to the lot. The Parking Office will ask your name and vehicle information so that they can place you on enforcement. You will park in a second space or third space in the lot. If you will need assistance, please see an attendant in the lot before you park.
- Questions about parking at Rochester, contact the Medical Center Parking Office at 585.275.4524 or the parking web site.
Biopsychosocial Integration Conference – August 14, 2015
- Your attendance is required at the first Biopsychosocial Integration Conference on Friday, August 14, 2015 from 1:15-3:15 p.m.
- Guests are not allowed to attend the Integration Conference, however, there will be an optional information session designed to introduce family members and friends to the Double Helix Curriculum and the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry.
- As part of the first DHC Integration conference you are reminded about the need to dress in a manner that reflects a professional demeanor during patient interaction sessions.