Students are fully funded for their entire tenure in the MD/PhD Program. Specific items that are covered include:
- Tuition (for academic year 2012-13, it is $39,700 for medical students, $37,888 for graduate students).
- Stipend throughout both medical and graduate school. The stipend level for academic year 2012-13 is $25,500. The University is committed to maintaining a competitive stipend for its students, so this amount will likely increase in future years.
- Health Fees and Disability Insurance. Note that current policies allow us to cover health fees for singles.
- Travel support for students to attend the National MD/PhD Program Student Meeting and APSA (American Physician-Scientist Association) Meeting.
- Travel/Research Fund of $2400/student (8 years at $300 per year). This can be used for traveling to other conferences that might not be typically covered by graduate funds (e.g. conferences with a strong clinical flair; conferences attended outside of graduate years), as well as purchase of research-related equipment.
- Support for participation in special courses (with prior permission).
- Technology Fee in all years of medical school.
For more information and details on how to apply please visit the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS).