- Prospective Students
- Student Life
- Matriculating Students
- Visiting Students
- High School and Undergraduate Program
- Student Event Calendar
International Medicine and Research Programs
Thank you for your interest in the International Medicine Program. The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry’s International Medicine Program has a long history of providing students with international medicine experiences. The Center for Advocacy, Community Health, Education and Diversity (CACHED) oversees and facilitates the International Medicine Program with the purpose of assisting students in finding potential sources of funding, and ensuring that students understand and are equipped to face the challenges of this cross cultural as well as educational experience.
- Provide students with hands-on healthcare experiences in Rochester and overseas, and to broaden students’ perspectives on approaches to disease prevention, treatment, and resource allocation in diverse health care systems.
- Promote the exchange of ideas and practices in health care and medical research through exposure to health care professionals around the world.
- Capture the idealism of students and faculty seeking to apply “first-world” knowledge and compassion to human suffering.
- Incorporate students into multidisciplinary teams to enhance their appreciation of the expertise of other health and social service disciplines.
- Currently, we have educational exchange agreements with the following medical schools: