Visiting Students Instructions & Application
Instructions for completing visiting student applications for electives offered by the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. If you are an International Visiting Student click here.
The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry will be using VSAS, the Visiting Student Application Service, to receive visiting student applications for the 2015-2016 academic year. Applications may be submitted through VSAS starting on May 22, 2015. For more information on VSAS, please visit www.aamc.org/vsas or contact VSAS at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 478-9878. For more information on our visiting student electives, please contact Monique Williams, Assistant Registrar email@example.com
- Forward a check for $100.00 per elective to cover processing fees payable to: The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. Mail all enclosures to:
Medical School Registrar's Office, Box 601
The University of Rochester
School of Medicine and Dentistry
601 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14642
- No action will be taken on the application until this school receives your CV, medical school transcript, photo, your health information, and the processing fee. The $100 per elective fee is non-refundable.
- Enrollment in most electives is limited and therefore priority is given to Rochester students. It may not be possible to act on your application before June 8 of the year before the elective is to begin. It is to your advantage to give alternative choices.
- When the elective is confirmed, a letter of acceptance will be sent to you. This will be your only confirmation. If your need to withdraw from the elective, please notify the registrar's office at least two (2) weeks before the elective is to begin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On your first day, you must report to the Registrar's Office at 8:30 am (G-7644) to complete your registration and pick up your temporary ID card.
- Housing inquiries should be directed to: Residential Life. Telephone number: (585) 275-1081. Please be aware that the housing office at the University of Rochester does not guarantee housing.
- Visiting students should park in the Ramp Garage on Elmwood Avenue.
Visiting student scheduling for the 2015-2016 academic year will not receive a response before June 2015. For the Visiting Student Application click here.