- Strong Fertility Center Home
- Our Team
- Can I Preserve my Fertility?
- Medication Teaching
- Patient Forms
- Tell Us How We Can Do Better
- Contact Us
Time Commitment for Oocyte (Egg) Donor
If your application has been approved by our medical staff, the following is a schedule based on a hypothetical cycle. There may be two or three visits more, or (rarely) less depending on circumstances and how you respond to medications. Time given is the time spent at our facility, and does not include travel time.
The IVF program is extremely complex. There are certain points where cancellation may be necessary.
- Slides—45 to 60 minutes
- Consult with physician—45 to 60 minutes
- Psychological M.D. visit—approximately 2 hours for testing and interview
- Bloodwork and cultures—20 minutes
- 1 to 2 hours
- Injection technique
- Review of cycle schedule
- Sign consents
- 45 minutes
- Baseline ultrasound and estradiol level
- History and physical
- Signing of consents
- 4–5 ultrasound and estrogen levels during stimulation—30 minutes (at least one of these will be on a weekend). Out-of-town patients may be able to have some monitoring done locally.
7:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
You will need to have someone drive you home.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (585) 487-3378.