Preliminary Egg Donation Consultation and Evaluation
We require that all women interested in being egg donors attend an information session. This one-hour presentation, given by one of the IVF nurse specialists, explains in detail the benefits, risks and requirements of the egg donor program.
After the screening session, if you are interested in proceeding with a cycle you should call (585) 487-3378 and ask for Dawn Holden to schedule an appointment with the physician.
If you are accepted, you will need:
- To have your medical and GYN records sent to our office prior to your visit with our doctor.
- A complete review of your reproductive history, medical records. A complete history and physical examination will be done.
- To meet with our psychologist.
- To undergo blood tests for certain infections diseases, including HIV 1 + 2 (antibody to the AIDS virus), Hepatitis B and C, and syphilis.
- To have cervical cultures for gonorrhea and chlamydia. Also, we will check a FSH level (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) on cycle day 2 or 3 after your period, as well as your blood type.
Once all of the preliminary testing and consultations are satisfactorily done and consent forms are signed, you will be ready for the final preparation for your cycle.