- Forms (intranet)
- PPMS Sign-in
- Calendar (Luminex/Elispot)
- Library Help Desk
- Scientific Advisory Committee
- Rochester Human Immunology Center (RHIC)
- Useful Links
- Western NY Flow Users Group
- Shared Resource Laboratories
Introduction to Flow Lecture
Before you can sign up for initial training, you will be required to attend the Introduction to Flow lecture. This is a 1 hour basic lecture to introduce you to the concepts of flow cytometry. Training will occur in 3-4103 in the Flow Core hallway at 4pm every other Monday. There is no registration for the lecture and all are eligible to attend. Please be sure to have reviewed the material in the BD Introduction to Flow pdf.
Follow this link to get the slides for the Introduction lecture.
The following documents will either be needed during training or are a useful resource before you come for training.
- URMC Introduction to Flow Lecture
- BD FACSCanto II User Information
- BD Intro to Flow tutorial
- Flow Core's software guide
Training for the Accuri is done on a flexible basis based on the availibility of the instrument and an instructor.
- Contact fill out a training request for an appointment.
Before Canto Training
The user must complete the LSR training before Canto training can be done.
Canto Training Visit
This is for trained LSR users that would also like to learn the FACSCanto operation. The FACSDiva software on the Canto is very similar to that found on the LSR but operation of the instrument is different.
- Fill out a training request form to schedule an appointment.
- This visit is 30 minutes where the user will run beads under the supervision of an instructor.
- Upon completion of this visit, calendar access for the Canto will be activated.
After Canto training, the trainee will have calendar access and schedule/run experiments during normal business hours (9am-5pm).
The Flow Core is open during normal business hours (9am to 5pm) from Monday through Friday.
To receive after-hours access, the investigator must fill out the afterhours access form. A separate training session (free, approximately ½ hour) will be scheduled to review the specifics of after-hours access and instrument troubleshooting. After this session, the investigator must pass a written afterhours access exam. There is no practical for the Canto. If they fail, they must wait two weeks to reschedule the test. An investigator can schedule this test any time after they have normal access to the instrument.
Helpful Training Links
Location/Time - Rm 3-4103 @ 4PM (in the flow core hallway)
Schedule: Feb 17, Mar 3 and 17
next lecture coming soon!
Comments about the Flow Core?