- About Us
- Region We Serve
- Perinatal Data System
- Regional Perinatal Forum
- Regional Perinatal Center
- Breastfeeding Information
- Hospital Breastfeeding Summit Toolkits
- Hospital Breastfeeding Summit Presentations
- Perinatal Provider Materials
- Coder Information
- Regional NICU
- Summary Reports
- Outreach Services
- Data Sharing
Finger Lakes Regional Hospital Breastfeeding Summit Presentations
The 2011 and 2013 Finger Lakes Regional Hospital Breastfeeding Summits brought together professionals interested in promoting, protecting and supporting breastfeeding. These meetings provided an environment for the dissemination of current breastfeeding information useful to clinical practice while encouraging peer networking.
The presenters shared information designed to meet the Summit Objectives which were to:
- Discuss the Joint Commission Core Measures Program for Perinatal Care.
- Explore the advantages of implementing the Baby-Friendly Hospital 10 Steps including strategies for pursuing the process.
- Summarize the challenges and barriers that may arise at the hospital level while trying to implement the Baby-Friendly 10 Steps and ideas for how to overcome them.
- Explain when to supplement a breastfed infant and discuss interventions that reduce the number of breastfed newborns who receive unnecessary formula supplementation within the first two days of life.
- Describe how to overcome your institution's challenges associated with adoption of NYSDOH Hospital Best Practices.
- Discuss facility specific breastfeeding concerns with a panel of breastfeeding experts in an open forum.
- Explore hospital, provider and community breastfeeding best practices and local, state and national support resources available during all stages of the continuum of care.
- Create an environment for learning, collaborating, and networking with colleagues.