The Heart Research Follow-up Program (HRFUP) is dedicated to directing cardiovascular research studies for the purpose of improving cardiac care. Since 1966, the HRFUP has been involved in various clinical research activities including several large NIH-sponsored studies and trials.
These clinical research experience include but are not limited to catecholamines, cardiovascular physiology, cardiac arrhytmias, myocardial infarction, posthospital phase of myocardial infarction, ventricular repolarization, thrombogenic factors, and pharmacoeconomics. The HRFUP has direct contact with a diverse group of investigators worldwide, many of whom we have worked since the inception of the HRFUP.
List of the Clinical Trials (NIH- and Corporate-Sponsored)
- International Long QT Syndrome Registry and subsequent studies
- Multicenter Postinfarction Program (MPIP)
- Multicenter Diltiazem Postinfarction Trial (MDPIT)
- Multicenter Silent Myocardial Ischemia Study (MSSMI)
- Thrombogenic Factors and Recurrent Cardiac Events (THROMBO)
- Multicenter Automatic Defibrillator Implantation Trial (MADIT) -CPI-Guidant
- Multicenter Automatic Defibrillator Implantation Trial II (MADIT II) - CPI-Guidant
- Intercity Digital Electrocardiology Alliance (IDEAL) - SpaceLab, Burdick
- Repolarization Analysis in Patients Treated with Mifebradil - Hofmann LaRoche
- Repolarization Analysis in Diphenhydramine Overdose- Warner Lambert-American Home Products