You Can Make a Difference
We treasure our volunteers. They are a vital part of the patient care team at Strong Memorial Hospital providing needed services to both patients and their families. Volunteering is an activity that benefits both the giver and the receiver. Volunteers are seen throughout the hospital escorting patients, delivering flowers, assisting in our shops and helping patients and families in care units. All of our volunteers have the opportunity to interact with patients.
In 2012, Strong Memorial Hospital was fortunate to receive support from more than 1,500 volunteers made up of people from all walks of life, education and skill level. They contributed more than 135,000 hours of volunteer service.
We urge you to visit this page occasionally as information may change at the last minute.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 275-2420.
Minimum requirements for all volunteers
- You feel comfortable around patients, visitors and family members in an acute-care facility
- You feel comfortable showing compassion to others in need
- You can communicate clearly and fluently in English.
- You can perform volunteer activities with a minimum amount of supervision.
- You can meet NYS Department of Labor and Health Department requirements
- You agree to submit to a background check.
- Completion of the 2013 Mandatory Manual.
Become a Volunteer
Call (585) 275-2420