The Ambassador Program was put together 10 years ago to meet the needs of the patients, visitors, and staff of Strong Memorial Hospital and the University of Rochester Medical Center. The Ambassadors are a mix of paid staff and volunteers through the Friends of Strong. The Ambassadors work at the main information desk in the lobby of Strong Memorial Hospital.
These services are provided by the Ambassadors:
- Meet and greet patients, visitors, and staff
- Provide wheelchair assistance for patients and visitors
- Provide inpatient and outpatient information
- Provide wayfinding instructions for the hospital and medical center
- Call taxis and cabs as needed
- Provide support at the Information desk—24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Support valet parking services at the Elmwood Ave. entrance Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Run the patient discharge and flower delivery areas
- Provide out-of-town visitors with materials on where to stay and eat
- Provide general information about the Medical Center, the University, and surrounding area
The Ambassador Program is a customer service oriented program that strives to make your experience at Strong Memorial Hospital as pleasant as possible. The Ambassadors are well trained in wayfinding throughout the facility and the local area.
Call the Ambassadors at the information desk at (585) 275-2182, 24 hours a day.
Become a Volunteer
Call (585) 275-2420