Setting Up Posters for Print
To create a poster in PowerPoint, first determine the final size of your poster. You can work at full size for a poster up to 56 inches long (the canvas limit in PowerPoint). If it is longer, you’ll need to work at half size, and we’ll double when we print.
- Open PowerPoint, and choose File, New.
- Select "blank presentation," "blank layout," and then choose File, Page Setup.
- In the slide size menu, choose custom.
- Now enter the dimensions you need, either full size or half size, according to your poster’s final dimensions.
- When you click OK, a very large blank "slide" opens up. For example, many posters are 3 by 6 feet, or 36 by 72 inches. Your setup size will be 18 by 36 inches. We print at 200% and you will end up with a 3 by 6 foot poster.
Please see guide sheet downloads for more information.