The URMC Heart & Vascular Center is made of teams of cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, vascular surgeons, cardiovascular nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, anesthesiologists, physical therapists, dieticians, social workers, and support staff who work together to provide the most advanced and comprehensive care in the region.
We are the only comprehensive heart and vascular team.
Our standard is simple. Medicine of the Highest Order, in every aspect of cardiovascular disease. Four values make this possible:
Specialization. We have more providers, more specialists, and more subspecialists than any healthcare entity within hundreds of miles.
Collaboration. By bringing together Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, and Vascular Surgery, we help you understand all your options, from all perspectives.
The Highest Standards. We are dedicated to achieving the best scores for survival, complications, and infection.
Patients & Families First. At URMC, we provide world class care—for you, and for the people who are about you.
We bring you the most technologically advanced care.
The URMC Heart & Vascular Center provides many cutting-edge treatments that are not available at any other heart center in the region.
- Other hospitals refer their most challenging cases to us.
- Our Vascular Surgery division has invented procedures and devices that are used around the world.
- We have the only program in the region that specializes in heart failure.
- We are the only heart center in the area that performs heart transplants.
- We are one of the top 10 programs in the United States for implanting VADs—artificial heart pumps for severe heart failure.
- We are a world leader in research to prevent sudden cardiac death.
- Our vascular surgeons are leaders in the nation in the open and endovascular treatment of aortic aneurysms, peripheral vascular, and advanced venous disease.
- Our heart attack response time is the fastest in the region.
- We have the only Cardio-Oncology Program in Upstate New York to take care of the cardiovascular complications of patients with cancer.
- We provide highly advanced cardiovascular care in location throughout the Finger Lakes region.