The Preventive Care Program for Urban Children with Asthma
Latest News and Updates
- The team is happy to welcome Jason Noomani and David Chaves Lopez as our newest Data Control Clerks!
- Congratulations to Hillary Goldman for receiving a Strong Star for “Excellence in Compassion and Professionalism!”
- Congratulations to Charles Gillett for his third Strong Star – this time, for his work on our new SB-ACT database.
- The team would like to welcome its newest member, Lamie Nguyen!
- The team is happy to announce their nomination for the Pediatric Team Staff Award.
- A big congratulations to the outstanding Rey Tajon for winning the Employee of the Quarter award for the Division of General Pediatrics!
- Congratulations to Katelyn Cappotelli for winning the team’s first Student of the Month award! Keep up the great work.
- Congratulations to Becca Holman for receiving a Strong Star for “Extraordinary Work Ethic and Professionalism!”
- Congratulations to team member Hillary Goldman for her promotion to Information Analyst I!
- Congratulations to the team for receiving funding for the new School-Based Asthma Control for Teens program!
- We would like to welcome new members Heather Holderness and Stephanie Thorsness to the team!
- Congratulations to Charles Gillett for earning a Strong Star for “Outstanding Work Ethic and Professionalism.”
- Good luck to Amit Jhaveri as he begins his first semester at the University of Buffalo Medical School!
- We would like to welcome Rebecca Holman to the team!
- We would like to welcome the following University of Rochester undergraduate students to the team: Meghan Doran, Nicole Itzkowitz and Katelyn Cappotelli.
- Congratulations to Reynaldo Tajon for earning a Strong Star for "Outstanding Dedication and Leadership."
- Congratulations to the team for earning recognition by the Office of Human Subject Protection (OHSP) and achieving the “Research QI ‘Gold Star’ Award” during OHSP’s 4th Quarter Review.
- Congratulations to the entire team for their exceptional effort and hard work on the audit conducted by the Office of Human Subject Protection (Quality Improvement).
- Congratulations to Amit Jhaveri for his acceptance into the University of Buffalo Medical School, Penn State College of Medicine, and SUNY Upstate Medical University!
- Congratulations to Elise for graduating from the University of Rochester School of Nursing and earning her RN degree! Great job!
- We would like to welcome our newest team member, Hillary F. Goldman! Welcome to the team!
- We would like to welcome the following University of Rochester undergraduate students to the team: Natalie Yragui, Hannah Slavin, Anisha Gundewar, Jennifer Selland, and Victoria Zhou. Welcome to the team!
- Good luck to Alana Koehler as she begins her first semester at the University of Buffalo Medical School!
- Congratulations to Alana Koehler for her acceptance at the University of Buffalo Medical School!
- Congratulations to Porschea Lewis for being accepted into the M.P.H. program at Washington University in St. Louis!
- Congratulations to Dr. Jill Halterman for receiving the Ruth Lawrence Academic Faculty Service Award in Research!
- We would like to welcome our newest member, Charles Gillett, to the team!
- We would like to welcome undergraduate Michael Fisch to the team!
- We would like to welcome our newest member, Amit Jhaveri, to the team!
- Congratulations to the team for a job well done presenting at the 2013 Pediatric Academic Society meeting in Washington D.C.
- Check out our press release: NIH Grant Takes Successful School-Based Asthma Program to Next Level.
- Congratulations to the team for concluding enrollment for the PAIR-UP study! 638 children enrolled. Thank you for all your hard work, great job!
- Congratulations to the team for wrapping up a successful first year of enrollment for SB-TEAM!
- Congratulations to Paul J. Tremblay for being the recipient of the 2012 Pediatric Staff Service Award!
- We would like to welcome our newest member, Alana Koehler, to the team!
- Congratulations to the Team on receiving an official funding notice from NIH for a new program starting this fall called "School-Based Telemedicine Enhanced Asthma Management!"
- Congratulations to the Team on reaching 600 enrollees for the office-based study!
- Congratulations to Alyssa Cohen on the successful completion of her project focusing on preventive care for urban teens with asthma, through the Strong Children’s Research Center (SCRC) program.
- Congratulations to Alison Yee for recently joining Washington University in St. Louis as a Project Coordinator.
- Congratulations to Alyssa Cohen for being accepted at the University of Rochester Medical School!
- Congratulations to Gaby Morris for joining the University of Rochester family as an ED Research Associate Program Supervisor in Emergency Medicine Research!
- We would like to welcome University of Rochester undergraduate students, Ryan Wier, Brianna Isaacson, and Alysha Alani to the Team!
- We would also like to welcome our two high school students who are volunteering with the research team; Katie Seeger and Teaghen Buscemi!
- Congratulations to our recent undergrad graduates! We would like to thank graduating seniors, Gaby Morris, Safira Amazan, Seri Link, and Alyssa Cohen for all of your hard work! We wish you happy and successful careers!
- Congratulations team on four outstanding presentations at the Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting in Boston, MA.
Saunders Research Building
601 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14642
Phone: (585) 275-5798
Fax: (585) 276-2206
Asthma Study Team