As a Center of Research Translation, the Center for Musculoskeletal Research and URMC Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation are committed to increasing the number of experimental treatments and procedures accessible to patients from the Rochester, NY region. We also conduct clinical trials in multi-site efforts that are national in scope.
URMC is one of the first institutions nationwide with funding from the National Institutes of Health to establish the University of Rochester Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI). The CTSI is to lead the emerging field of clinical and translational research to more quickly advance treatments to patients. We are also developing educational programs to train clinicians and biomedical scientists in the conduct of translational research and clinical trials.
Read about our clinical trials below.
- Musculoskeletal Research Symposium A Huge Success
September 23, 2013
- $2M Gift to Support Geriatric Fracture Care, Orthopaedic Research
September 16, 2013
- URMC Orthopaedics Ranks No. 1 in Nation in NIH Funding
March 15, 2013
Musculoskeletal Research Lab Earns Spotlight at National Meeting
October 12, 2012
- Laura Calvi, MD Receives the Fuller Albright Esteemed Award
October 2, 2012
- NIH Awards $7.5M, Designates URMC Orthopaedics as Center of Research Translation
August 30, 2012
- URMC Leads International Consortium to Fight Deadly Bone Infections
April 17, 2012
- Edward Schwarz, PhD, to head The Center for Musculoskeletal Research
December 15, 2011
8:00 am - 9:30 am
Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013
NO LAB MEETING