Histology, Biochemistry, and Molecular Imaging Core
The primary mission of the HBMI Core is to provide efficient and high quality histological, biochemical, cellular, and molecular services to investigators throughout the Center for Musculoskeletal Research using both tissue and cellular models. The HBMI Core also provides cutting-edge histomorphometric and molecular imaging and analysis services.
- Paraffin, plastic, and frozen tissue processing, embedding, and sectioning.
- Histological staining.
- Guidance and support for standardized Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and In Situ Hybridization (ISH).
- Optimization of new IHC and ISH protocols.
- Guidance and support for histomorphometric and molecular imaging analysis.
- Development and support of various primary cell culture models and biochemical assays.
Sarah Mack, Lab Tech V
Kathy Maltby, Lab Tech IV (Histology)
Anthony Mirando, M.S.
Personnel (not pictured): Abbie Turner
- URMC Physician-Couple Gives $750K Gift to Orthopaedics
April 7, 2014
- Dr. Regis O'Keefe, MD, PhD Receives ORS/OREF 2014 Distinguished Investigator Award
April 2, 2014
- URMC's Elfar Honored with Hand Surgeon-Scientist Award
December 19, 2013
- Baumhauer Named One of North America's Top Foot and Ankle Surgeons
December 19, 2013
- Musculoskeletal Research Symposium A Huge Success
September 23, 2013
- $2M Gift to Support Geriatric Fracture Care, Orthopaedic Research
September 16, 2013
- URMC Orthopaedics Ranks No. 1 in Nation in NIH Funding
March 15, 2013
- Musculoskeletal Research Lab Earns Spotlight at National Meeting
October 12, 2012
- Laura Calvi, MD Receives the Fuller Albright Esteemed Award
October 2, 2012
April 16, 2014
8:00 am - 9:30 am
Kuang-Ching Tseng - The Potential Therapeutic Approach to Improve Peripheral Nerve Functional Recovery from Injury
Sheila Belloirizarry - Anti-Amidase Monoclonal Antibodies as Passive Immunization Against Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in Implant-Associated Osteomyelitis
Xiaochuan Yang - Electrospun nanofibers as a scaffolding platform for bone tissue repair