Committees & Partners
The RPRC:NCDHR is organized into several committees that carry out its work. Click on any of the links below to learn more about each committee.
- Executive Committee: Responsible for ongoing management of the RPRC:NCDHR
- Research Committee: Discusses design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination of RPRC:NCDHR research projects. The Translation Work Group (TWG) functions under the Research Committee and is made up of bilingual (ASL and English) individuals who have extensive experience in English-ASL translation and a high degree of Deaf cultural competency.
RPRC:NCDHR maintains multiple partnerships. Click on any of the links below to learn more about each partnership.
- Deaf Community Partners
- Healthy Living with Hearing Loss (HL2)
- External Advisory Committee (EAC): Meets with the RPRC:NCDHR once a year and helps provide a national perspective on RPRC:NCDHR's strategies and goals.
- Local Partner Advisory Board (LPAB): Meets quarterly and helps to better engage community organizations in RPRC:NCDHR activities.
Focus Group Meetings
Seeking Deaf persons age 21-40 interested in participating in a one-time two hour focus group meeting in Rochester!
The interviews are limited to Deaf people who are now living in the Rochester (NY) area. The focus group will be conducted in ASL. We need your feedback on developing Deaf Weight Wise (DWW) 2.0. We will be asking about healthy eating and physical activity. The purpose of the group is to continue to develop culturally and linguistically appropriate healthy lifestyle research programs for Deaf people. Each participant will receive $30 dollars cash.
(585) 568 6534 VP