Committees & Partners
The RPRC:NCDHR is organized into several committees that carry out its work. Click on any of the links below to learn more about each committee.
- Executive Committee: Responsible for ongoing management of the RPRC:NCDHR
- Research Committee: Discusses design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination of RPRC:NCDHR research projects. The Translation Work Group (TWG) functions under the Research Committee and is made up of bilingual (ASL and English) individuals who have extensive experience in English-ASL translation and a high degree of Deaf cultural competency.
RPRC:NCDHR maintains multiple partnerships. Click on any of the links below to learn more about each partnership.
- Deaf Community Partners
- Healthy Living with Hearing Loss (HL2)
- External Advisory Committee (EAC): Meets with the RPRC:NCDHR once a year and helps provide a national perspective on RPRC:NCDHR's strategies and goals.
- Local Partner Advisory Board (LPAB): Meets quarterly and helps to better engage community organizations in RPRC:NCDHR activities.
Deaf Strong Hospital 2015
Seeking Deaf persons age 18 and up interested in participating in Deaf Strong Hospital, an all-day activity for first-year medical students at the University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry that will teach them what it feels like to be Deaf in a hearing hospital.
This is a role-reversal exercise, which means all of the doctors, receptionists, and pharmacists are Deaf and only communicate in ASL. The medical students will become patients and will have to learn how to communicate with Deaf doctors and nurses to get the health care they need. This fun and exciting event will take place at the University of Rochester Medical Center on August 28, 2015 from 8:30 to 3:30pm.
You will be paid about $50 for your participation. Free lunch and a t-shirt will also be provided to all participants.