URMC Neurology Patient Care
Clinical Services - Neuropathy Clinic
The Neuropathy Clinic offers comprehensive evaluation and management of complex peripheral neuropathies by physicians with expertise in peripheral nerve disorders. We provide both consultative and continuity of care services. Patients with peripheral neuropathies may have trouble walking and have symptoms of numbness, tingling, burning, and weakness in their hands, feet, and limbs. Integrated scheduling is available, so you can obtain the clinical evaluation and diagnostic testing on the same day.
Advanced diagnostic tools in peripheral neuropathy are available, including:
- State-of-the-art nerve conduction studies and electromyography
- Quantitative sensory testing
- Skin and nerve biopsies
We provide specialized skills, experience, and knowledge for the care of individuals with:
- Inflammatory or demyelinating neuropathies
- Inherited neuropathies
- Toxic or metabolic neuropathies
- Painful neuropathies
Immune therapies, including intravenous immunoglobulin infusions and plasmapheresis, are available.Research in peripheral neuropathies includes:
- Therapeutic trials: HIV, diabetes, CIDP, Sjogren's Syndome
- Painful small fiber sensory neuropathies
- Electrodiagnosis of focal and generalized neuropathies and myotonic myopathies
- Telephone: 585-275-2559
- Facsimile: 585-273-1255
- Typical wait for an appointment: 1-2 weeks
- Emergency or urgent cases seen within 24 hours
- Physicians available for specific questions prior to referral
- Neurology Outpatient Clinic
- Strong Memorial Hospital, 2nd Floor
- 601 Elmwood Avenue
- Rochester, NY 14642
To contact the Neuropathy Clinic directly, please call 585-275-2559.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment or to speak with one of our neurologists, please
call 585-275-1200. If you must cancel your appointment, please do so at least
24 hours in advance.
The Department of Neurology participates with Blue Choice, MVP Healthcare, Medicare, Medicaid, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rochester health plans.
Co-payments are collected at time of service. We accept cash or check only for all applicable co-payments and personal balances due at the time of service.