University of Rochester Neuroscience Retreat
2013 Keynote Speaker
- Lorna W. Role, Ph.D.
- Chair, Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, SUNY Stony Brook
Cholinergic Modulation of Cortico-limbic Circuits Related to Attention, Memory and Mood
- Carol Barnes, Ph.D.
- Regents' Professor Psychology and Neurology, Director Evelyn F. McKnight Brain Institute, Research Scientist ARL Division of Neural Systems, Memory and Aging, University of Arizona
Brain Mechanisms of Learning and Memory in Aging: What is
- Larry Young, Ph.D.
- Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Emory University School of Medicine
Molecular Neurobiology of Social Bonding: Implications for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Daniel Geschwind, M.D., Ph.D.
- Gordon and Virginia MacDonald Distinguished Chair, Human Genetics
- Professor, Neurology, Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences
- Director, Center for Autism Research and Treatment (CART)
- Co-Director, Center for Neurobehavioral Genetics
- UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine
Genomic investigations of human higher cognition and transcriptome organization
- Pat Levitt, Ph.D.
- Director Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development, Annette Schaffer Eskind Chair, Professor of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Where are we with the Autisms?
- Elizabeth Grove, Ph.D.
- Professor of Neurobiology, Division of Biological Sciences, University of Chicago
Embryonic patterning and the mammalian forebrain
- Elissa L. Newport, Ph.D.
- George Eastman Professor, Chair of the department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, University of Rochester
Statistical Language Learning: Mechanisms for Language Acquisition in Human Infants and Adults
- Pasko Rakic, M.D., Ph.D.
- Professor & Chair of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine
Disorders of Neuronal Position
- Mary E. Hatten, Ph.D.
- Frederick P. Rose Professor, Rockefeller University
New Directions in the CNS Neuronal Migration
At 2013 year's retreat, Anasuya Das was awarded the Doty Award for Excellence in Neuroscience Dissertation Research.
Caleb E. Strait (1stplace) and Christina Cloninger and Allison Greminger (2ndplaces) received awards for their posters at the John Bartlett Poster Session.