- URMC’s Corporate Social Media Portfolio
- Personal Use of Social Media
- Participating in Existing URMC sites
- Professional Use of Social Media
- Considering a Social Media Presence?
- Getting Approval (Applying for a Social Media Application)
- Managing Your Platform
- Having Your Platform in URMC's Footer
URMC’s Corporate Social Media Guide
Social media represent opportunities to connect with audiences interested in URMC patient care, teaching, research, and community outreach programs. Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and other media are a growing and valuable part of URMC’s communications efforts – providing opportunities to engage distinct groups of patients, potential study subjects, donors, and other groups with whom we wish to communicate.
However, by nature, these platforms are meant for conversations, not for one-way communications. Your participation establishes the expectation of candid, two-way dialogue with often anonymous individuals. While there may be advantages in participating in this dialogue, URMC employees/departments are responsible for anticipating and managing the reputational risks that social media pose. That’s why we’ve developed two sets of guidelines – one for employees using social media for their own personal use, and one for those employees/departments interested in launching a URMC-branded platform.